Within the Kooiker dog four most likely heritable diseases occur: Hereditary Necrotising Myelopathy (HNM), von Willebrand’s disease (vWD), polymyositis (PM) and epilepsy (EP). These diseases have an effect of the effective population size (Ne) and average increase of inbreeding per generation (ΔF).
- To describe the population structure based on pedigree data and compare this with a molecular data based on SNP arrays.
- To find the mutation of HNM.
- Describe the clinical presentation and pathology of PM in detail.
- Which DLA haplotypes exist within the population and do dogs with PM share a specific DLA haplotype?
- A genome wide DNA analysis of confirmed cases with PM and controls.