Within the Kooiker dog four most likely heritable diseases occur: Hereditary Necrotising Myelopathy (HNM), von Willebrand’s disease (vWD), polymyositis (PM) and epilepsy (EP). These diseases have an effect of the effective population size (Ne) and average increase of inbreeding per generation (ΔF).
- To describe the population structure based on pedigree data and compare this with a molecular data based on SNP arrays.
- To find the mutation of HNM --> this has been done and a publication will appear early 2023
- Describe the clinical presentation and pathology of PM in detail --> this has been done and the publication will appear early 2023
- Which DLA haplotypes exist within the population and do dogs with PM share a specific DLA haplotype --> this has been done and the publication will appear early 2023
- A genome wide DNA analysis of confirmed cases with PM and controls --> this has been done and the publication will appear end of 2023
- Treatment study of PM cases --> has been completed and the publication will appear mid 2023